Tuesday, March 26, 2024

Weird games

Hi hi hi, Ojo here!

My person has been doing weird games with me recently. This one is called Ice Pack! (I don't know why, it isn't cold at all. My person says it's practice, but I'm not sure what for.)

In the game called Ice Pack, I lie on my side and my person rests this thing on my leg and I get to eat kibbles. That's it! This is an easy game!

(The look on my face is because I am waiting for the next kibble, not because this game bothers me at at all.)

We're playing another game where my person holds Bad Leg and moves it around. She says this is also practice.

In other news, my Surgery is scheduled for April 18. I don't know what Surgery is, but my person says it will be good in the long run. And I like running, so this sounds good to me!

And speaking of running, I haven't been doing any. At all. I must wear a leash at all times when I am outside of the house and I may only walk slowly for a few minutes at a time. This is very annoying. I would like to run! I would like to go further! I would like to go longer!

How are you doing, friends?

8 comments:

Gemma's person said...

One of our dogs had heartworms and with heartworm treatment owner is very worried about even dog barking. Lord that was a long treatment. All was well in the end though. Pay attention and do what they tell you , it is so you can go running again. Be patient. love to all.

Molly the Airedale said...

I like any game that dispenses treats! We will be sending you lots of AireZen and positive vibes in April, Ojo! You will ace this surgery as your person is getting you all prepared!

Millie and Walter said...

That sounds like a fun game as long as you get fed while you are doing it. We have our paws crossed that all goes well for your surgery and after you recover, we hope you will be able to run again.

WFT Nobby said...

Hi Ojo, I have been running. I too love running, so I totally understand how frustrating it must be for you not to be able to run. We hope that after the surgery you will be able to run again, although Gail says it might not be the day after.
Toodle-oo!
Nobby.

MadSnapper said...

this is a super duper idea, by the time april 18th gets here you will be a pro at bad leg and ice pack... you are soooo beautiful, POTP and prayers for the coming surgery.. love you lots Ojo

Inger said...

Your person is very clever to do this ahead of April 18. When you get there, you will be so comfortable with this ice pack. Sending my best wishes and lots and lots of love for the surgery.

Huskies622 said...

Your person is doing such good training for you! And who says you can't teach an, ahem, older dog new tricks? You are doing great Ojo and we hope that it all goes so well so you can run around like you love to do!!

Rosie and Redford

Juno said...

oh no Ojo! Very sorry to hear what did happen to you but I know you're in good hands... my paws are crossed for your successful surgery and speedy recovery.

I love your smily photos in your front year.

Hugs,
Juno