Sunday, December 23, 2018

Goodbye Jack The Cat

A few days ago our people said goodbye to our Cat Named Jack.

Jack was kind-of Old. He was fourteen or maybe just turning fifteen. He was older than me! And I must admit that I am getting Old too. This is our third Cat I have helped to say good-bye to.

Jack the Cat was already in our house when our people brought me home as a little puppy. Even recently, Jack and I played together like this: He would sit on a chair and I would stick my nose into his belly. Then he would whap my head with his paws. But he never used his claws! I would dance away, and then I would come back and we would do it again.

Jack the Cat was very chatty and very friendly. He loved all people, and he loved all Dogs except for Ojo. He was also very naughty and liked to eat things that should not be eaten.

Jack had a Bad Thing in his throat. Up to Wednesday morning of last week he was zooming around the house chasing kitty treats. But the Bad Thing took over. He could not meow. He could not swallow. And by Friday afternoon he could not drink and he was hiding under the lamp behind the couch and did not want to come out.

The people took Jack somewhere very safe and he became an angel.


Here is a picture of Jack the Kitten when both he and our littlest person were very little indeed.


Good bye, Jack the Cat. Our people miss you very much.

5 comments:

Molly the Airedale said...

We are so sorry to hear about Jack, your cat. He sure was a cute kitten. RIP, Jack♥

Bella Roxy & Macdui said...

Farewell Jack. We know he left a hole in your hearts....but plenty of memories.

Hailey and Zaphod and their Lady said...

Dear Cobi and Ojo, we are very sorry that you pr Jack is now an angel. Hugs.

C.L.W.STEP said...

We somehow missed this post. But we're very sad to hear about Jack the Cat. He looked like a great fun and fluffy kitty cat.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry for your loss and We all know that Jack is watching you right now and my senior pet died also 3 months ago. Accepting his loss is very hard process. With the help of pet cremation seattle wa we gave him a peaceful arrangement and goodbye. By the way, thank you for sharing this.