Friday, May 15, 2015

The Wrong Rat (by Ojo)

Hi hi hi! Ojo here!

Yesterday I had an encounter with the wrong Rat...

I couldn't help it! Chasing the Ratties is part of my job! Catching the Ratties is part of my job! (Plus it is really fun!)

And yesterday I finally got my teeth in the Big Daddy Rat! Hurray!

BUT - Big Daddy Rat fought back!

I won, of course. Big Daddy Rat had a burial in the garbage can. But friends - I am wounded!!

I have two big puncture wounds inside my cheek, and another little one outside on my lip! Yesterday the side of my face was very swollen in a big hard lump!

The people took me to the Place Called Vet, to see the Person Called Vet! (Neither of these are as terrible as Cobi says, by the way, and the Person Called Vet always gives me Very Large pieces of liver so I like her very much.)

But - and this is very weird - they took all the hair off my chin! Then they rinsed my mouth with something yucky-tasting, and they gave me medicine! I felt very weird last night, but much better today thank-you-for-asking!

Also the swelling is much smaller today, so I figured I was good to go and spent my morning hunting more Ratties! (No luck this time though!)

The people say to please use the Power of the Paw to help us ward off infection, which could be very yucky. I do not know what this is, but if it's yucky I don't want it... No infection, please!

And no, you may not see my wounds. I am hiding them, because I am pretending everything is fine so the people will still take me on walks. And play fetch!

But yes... It does still hurt. Ow.


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

OJO...not a rattie....they are bad...we get field mice sometimes...we just play with them till they are done....NO RATTIES!

The Mad Scots

Zoe said...

Poor Ojo! I will send a hole bunch o' good thots so's yu don't get the in fec shun thing.
Take it easy an let the peepoles spoil yu a bit while yu don't feel so good.

Two French Bulldogs said...

We are sending lots of good vibes your way. No infection!
Snorts,
Lily & Edward

Milton and Mr. Stubbs said...

POTP being sent your way Ojo. Great job getting the rat! Take your medicine so you don't get an infection okay.

Charliedownunder said...

Crikey Ojo ...... a RAT bit you????? Well you sure taught it a lesson, aye?? Do rat's have rabies?? I don't want you to get rabies. I don't know much about it cause, as you know, we don't have it here. Get better quick Ojo and keep away from those bitey face rats, aye???

rottrover said...

Ojo!! I am very, very impressed that you were wounded in the line of protecting your People from ratties!! That is very, very brave of you. Of course me and Ruby are sending anti-infection POTP to you, but wow! What a gal!!

-Otto

Tweedles -- that's me said...

I am sending all the POTP in the whole world that you do not get anything bad,,, no infections,,,
nothing.
I will also blow some magic healing bubbles your way,,, to heal you fast and make you feel better.
love
tweedles

Angel Prancer Pie said...

Concatulations on your great kill, Ojo.
We do hope that your jaw gets well and us kittehz will be purring away for you.
>>Smooches<<

Molly the Airedale said...

Oh no - not a rat, Ojo. We are sending you tons of healing vibes and AireZen! Feel better soon!

Love ya lots♥
Mitch and Molly

Hailey and Zaphod and their Lady said...

Dear Cousin Ojo,

You are a very brave hunter. It is amazing that you got a rat. I am proud to call you cousin. It must have been a very big rat if you got a little hurt. We are sending you POTP that it heals fast and paws cross you get to do some more hunting.

We would love to have you come over and catch our mouse. It seems to be only in the laundry room where we are not allowed as it is Ancient Nin's spot away from us. We are jealous that the mouse gets the cat food and the cat poop. sigh.

We hope you feel better.
Cousin Hailey and Handsome Phod

C.L.W.STEP said...

You are a very brave doggie Ojo! I have never seen a rat, but I've caught some shrews and they're nasty buggers!