Wednesday, May 29, 2024

Sitting and Long Line

Hi hi hi! Ojo here!

It has been a Long Time since my paws last wrote a blog post. I hope all my Dog Blog friends are well!

Here are some updates from ME:

Bad Leg is getting better! It still can't Walk for very long, but I have decided it is time to start trying to stand on my back legs to get closer to things like crows and human faces. 

My fur is coming back, and from far away people can't even tell that it was missing.

My person is allowing me to go into shallow ditches. (But not deep ones).

Today, three new things happened!

First, my person took a picture of me doing Sit. I have been doing many exercises for many weeks and she wanted to see how my Sit is looking. Bad Leg still sticks out, and Vet says it will probably do this forever, but otherwise my Sit is Good!

Second, my person put me in Cobi's old, ugly harness (isn't it ugly, friends?), and then, on Walk, she attached us with Long Line! This was a bit weird at first and I had to keep checking in with her, but then I realized that Long Line means that I can go further and sniff more things!

We still walked Very Slowly, but I got to explore more! Hurray!

And third, my person finally let me meet and sniff another Dog!

So today is a Good Day. 

How are you, friends?

*****************************

Note from Ojo's person: Tomorrow will be six weeks from her surgery, and we can start increasing the length of her walks beyond ten minutes. In advance of this, I tried her on the long line today to see if she'd go wild, or if it would give both of us a bit more freedom on our walks. 

The long line was great! Instead of trying to pull me down the path, she explored and meandered along. So she was actually walking more slowly, and sniffing more, than on a regular leash. This is ideal!

I've been keeping her away from other dogs since her injury because she can be a bit snappy when she feels trapped on a short leash. The long line allowed her to meet another dog with space and natural movements, and she was able to have a quick greeting and then move on which is her preference.

Once again I'm reminded of how much I love long lines!

10 comments:

Duke said...

This is all such positive news, Ojo, and we are so happy that you are progressing daily! Long lines are good - better than short ones or none at all! Your post is making us smile☺

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

You are doing so well, Ojo!!! Misty and Angel Lightning both had CCL surgeries and both of them kick one leg out to the side. Yours is doing better than theirs ever did.

Woos - Misty and Timber

Millie and Walter said...

We're so happy to hear you are doing so well in your recovery, Ojo. Keep up the good work.

Gemma's person said...

I am glad, so glad you both have a little more freedom and can breath a bit easier. I am so proud of you Ojo. Taking it all like a champ!

Ruby Rose and the Big Little Angels 3 said...

That is great news. You will be back in the starting lineup in no time.

MadSnapper said...

I am so happy to hear all this great news and you look pawfect in your sit. Beaus leg sits out to the side even further, it is his displasia hip.. I am so happy for you that the harness and long line are working so well. walks are our happy times and you look so very happy sniffing along.. sniffing is Beaus favorite part of walking... I love when he hits a trail and I follow him

Fay said...

Hi, Ojo!! We were beginning to worry we hadn't heard from you! A long line like yours is a "friend" line—it keeps you and a friend connected. And I remember that vest—we call them "adventure" vests in our house, because we have adventures when we are out and about! Beautiful Sit, too. Your friends, Fay, James Bone, Eowyn, and Rosie

Huskies622 said...

Hi Ojo! We are so happy to see that you are doing A-OK! Recovery is for the birds, but it seems like you are doing well and making progress for sure! And Mom loves using a long line for Redford cuz he's a husky and can never be off leash anyway, bit she likes to think it makes him feel a bit more freedom!

Kten said...

Dearest cousin Ojo, this all sounds like very good news. The sticking out foot is nothing, Phod has his broken ear, and cousin Lee is tippy still, so the foot adds character. We are so happy to hear you are doing well. Cousin Lee and Handsome Phod

Helen said...

Sounds like things are going well Ojo. Teddy always sits with a leg out, perhaps it is the one that was broken as a puppy, before he came to me.