Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Lost!

Today Ojo and my person got LOST!

I know THEY were the ones who were lost because I knew exactly where I was. It was them that were missing!

Here is what happened.

For some reason, Car decided to park in a different spot this morning. This was very silly of Car, so of course, at the end of our walk, I went all the way back to the regular place where Car likes to park. This is many minutes of walking. But Car was not there. And neither was Ojo. And neither was my person.

So I walked in a big loop, since clearly they were lost. I had to look all over for them.

Meanwhile, Ojo and my person barely went anywhere at all. They stayed on the same path where we'd seen each other last, and kept looking for me there. But clearly this was silly. Why would they stay there, when I was somewhere else?

As I was walking and looking, I told every person and every Dog that I passed that my pack was missing. Finally, someone found my person and told her where I was, and she and Ojo came to find me.

When I saw Ojo and my person approaching on the path I played it very cool. I simply walked up to them and rejoined their pack. I hoped they would not notice.

But they did notice. Ojo gave me a sniff, and my person gave me a nice pet. But then she said to me, "Cobi, what were you doing on this path? We haven't walked on this path for months!"

I told her that clearly she and Ojo were lost, and so I had to go looking everywhere to find them.

And then she asked me, "Oh Cobi, why didn't you use your nose to track us down?"

At this point, friends, I must admit that I had to turn away.

Because I forgot to look with my nose! Instead I was just looking with my eyes, and they are nowhere near as good at finding lost packmates as my nose is. And I know this because I have passed the first two classes of Search and Rescue Dog training, and I am very good at finding people with my nose. But today I completely forgot!

This was very embarrassing.

Although, honestly, my person wasn't looking with her nose either!

So then we went back to where Car decided to park today, and then I remembered that things were different today because there were big trucks taking up the usual place that Car usually likes to go.

So this was a bad part to our Walk today, but in the end it is all good friends, because I found my lost person, and I found Ojo who I'm sure was lost too.

So now I can go have a nap. And next time I will keep a very close eye on Ojo and my person so they do not get lost again!


7 comments:

Kinley Westie said...

Glad dey wuz ok after gettin "lost."

Hailey and Zaphod and their Lady said...

We are so glad you found you person and Ojo. We can't believe they got lost.

Bella Roxy & Macdui said...

You have to watch your pack all the time when you're out! They do get lost. It has happened here a couple of times. We're glad you found them...even if you forgot to sniff them out.

Tweedles -- that's me said...

I am glad this had a happy ending!
love
tweedles

Liz Hamblyn said...

We three are very glad to know that you found your person and Ojo. They obviously need you to look after them. Maybe, you should have a word with Car and make sure that this does not happen again. Love from the three bestest maremmas in all the land.

Molly the Airedale said...

I am so happy that you found your person and Ojo, Cobi. Being lost is scary!

WFT Nobby said...

Cobi I totally sympathise - I've been there too. (Well not literally in Canada, but you know what I mean). My person used to believe that when she got lost she should hang around in the last place she'd seen me and we would somehow become reunited. I think someone once told her that was what humans were supposed to do when separated from their dogs. But it never ever worked so now she comes looking for me, which turns out much better!
Toodle pip!
Bertie.