Wednesday, July 10, 2024

Bad Leg is Now Good Leg, but Peanut Butter is Suspicious

Hi hi hi! Ojo here!

This week I had a Terrible Thing done to me. This Terrible Thing was called x-ray. I don't know why they made me do it, but afterwards Vet had Good News! 

Bad Leg is now Good Leg!

These are the things Vet said:

  • Ojo's leg is weight bearing well.
  • Ojo has almost the same muscle mass on both back legs now.
  • There is no sensitivity or tenderness at Ojo's surgery site.
  • Ojo has a good range of motion in her leg.
  • There are no signs that Ojo's surgical plate has moved.
  • It looks like Ojo's bone has healed well.

And the best part:

  • Ojo is now allowed to walk even faster and even longer! Ojo needs to build more muscle strength so she can go off leash soon
We are still waiting for final confirmation from the surgeon, but my person and I think this is Very Good News!

This is ME in the sun. Bad-Leg-Now-Good-Leg is showing. Look closely, friends! My fur is mostly back, you can barely see where they took it off of me!


I am still working on the muscles in my back legs. I find it a bit hard when I try to go up stairs or hop up onto a small something, this can be a struggle for me. However, after Good News, these past few days I've got to go up and down more stairs and I've hopped onto a few low rocks, and I am already hopping better!

The only Bad Thing is that peanut butter has become suspicious. Lately, when I eat peanut butter, I feel very strange after. I think peanut butter may be hiding Bad Things like medicines. I am getting very suspicious of peanut butter and I don't want to eat it right now.

But I have Other Good News! Long Line is taking me to more exciting places, like these train tracks from this morning! I get to Walk now for almost a whole hour in the morning before it gets HOT (it's been very HOT, friends), and sometimes I get another Walk at bedtime too!


What Good Things are happening in your life, friends?

12 comments:

MadSnapper said...

Beau and I are very happy to hear all this good news and you look so happy and saying ahhhhh in the sunshine. you are right your leg looks good, no skin showing. Beau said he is jealous, he can't walk an hour and neither can his Mama, and his daddy can't walk but 10 minutes.. he says he wants to see a railroad track like yours.

Millie and Walter said...

That's all such great news for your leg, Ojo. We hope you get the all clear to go off leash like you used to very soon.

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

That is awesome news, Ojo. Maybe Mom needs to make that glob of peanut butter bigger!!!

Woos - Misty and Timber

WFT Nobby said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
WFT Nobby said...

Hi Ojo, this is all totally brilliant news. Even the weird peanut butter does not sound that bad. Here in Scotland we are having a good week too. Gail and I have just got home from the pub quiz and our team won! I have been doing really well at agility training lately! Gail and her friends are happy that the UK has a new Prime Minister who is not a national embarrassment! We saw lots of lovely friends and relatives in England recently and I was a Good Boy throughout the trip! Oh I could go on but you get the picture.
Toodle-oo!
Nobby.

Ruby Rose and the Big Little Angels 3 said...

It sounds like great news. You worked hard to you deserve it.

Meezer's Mews & Terrieristical Woofs said...

This is such good news, Ojo! Keep up all the hard work of walking and stairs etc.

Fay said...

Hi, Ojo! What Great News! Your person, and you, must have worked very hard to turn Bad Leg muscles into Good Leg Muscles. Congratulations on such success! We don't often get peanut butter; we usually get cheese. Have you ever tasted Stinky Blue Cheese. Mmmm....Here in our new home in N. Ohio, we are getting adjusted, 'cause the move was hard. But our backyard has baby ground hogs and rabbits(says the St Poodle) and lots of smell (say the cardis). We are looking forward to new walks. Your friends, James Bone, Eowyen, and Rosie

Duke said...

We are so happy that you are progressing, Ojo! We hope your weather cools down soon and we hope ours does too. It's been way too hot!

Gemma's person said...

Sounds like the best news in the world to me. Congratulations to everyone.
AND GOOD LEG BETTER LEG BEST LEG SMOOCHES

Huskies622 said...

How wonderful that you are doing so great Ojo!!! We are so very happy for you and your human! Be careful with your hopping, pretty soon you will be able to do everything if you just work your way up to it! And since you have figured out peanut butter, maybe your human can give you cheese instead? Once our mom had to resort to making tuna salad to get pill down one of her huskies! Score!!!

Rosie and Redford (suffering mightly in the heat too!)

Kten said...

Dear cousin Ojo,

We are so, so happy to read that your bad leg is now good. This makes us very happy.
Your pals Cousin Lee and Handsome Phod