Ojo here! Cobi has been telling me all about this thing called "Christmas". She says that it is amazing, and that I will get yummy food and toys and all sorts of good things... BUT this only happens if I can convince you and your friend Rudolph that I have been a Good Dog this year.
So here it goes.
Santa, I have to tell you that my year started off pretty tough. I had a family but I lost them. I don't think they wanted me any more. They didn't say why, just they were there and then they were not. I lived on the streets and was called "stray". I had to steal my food in order to survive. Does this make me Bad? I hope not.
Then I got picked up by some people and put in the place called "pound". I lived there for what felt like a very long time. I got to go outside only sometimes, and didn't get much exercise. This was very hard for me. I love the outside so very much, Santa! Does me barking and whining in the pound make me Bad? I hope not.
A pawesome group of people called "Dog Bless Rescue" saw me. I tried to look cute and pretty (and like a Good Dog), and it must have worked because I was taken out of the pound. I had something happen that hurt lots called "spaying". I had shots and stuff put on my skin. Then I was stuck in a tiny box and put on a noisy thing called airplane.
When I got off the air smelled different, and everything was all new.
Like I said Santa, my year started off pretty tough.
But things got better from there. My foster home was pretty nice, and then - my people found me!
So here's the deal.
Santa, I did not know I wasn't supposed to eat the Cat Food. I only jump on people sometimes, when I'm really excited. I thought the Recycling was a bin of toys for me to play with. (That's an honest mistake!)
I chew on shoes and water bottles and the stairs only when I get really, really bored. Can you blame me? I mostly only forget to listen to my people when there is a squirrel or rabbit or bird nearby.
I did not know that the magnets on the fridge are not for chewing on. Or the coasters. Or my littlest person's soccer cleats.
I did not know that the couch is not for sleeping on. (It's so comfy, Santa!) I did not know that I was not supposed to bury a bone outside, then dig it up a week later and bring it back into the house. I did not know that the stuffed toy named Puffie belongs to Cobi. (Cobi, I am sorry I took some of the insides out of your favourite toy. I feel very bad about this.)
But I am trying very hard to be a Good Dog. Here is how I am Good:
- I Sit and Lie Down and go to my bed when the people ask me. (Most of the time.)
- I do not chase the Cats.
- I play the game called "training". (I can go around trees and weave my person's legs and bow and shake paws and all sorts of pawesome things!)
- After my Walk I curl up into a little ball and go to sleep so my person can work.
- I am very gentle with little people.
- I let Cobi think she is the boss.
- I sat still while the people put a silly hat on my head and pointed their big, black eye named "camera" at me. (See my pawesome picture below!)
- I give my people licks and wags every single day.
So clearly I am a Good Dog.
For Christmas I would like the following things:
- A couch that I am allowed to lie on
- Anything squeaky, chewy or smelly
- To keep my new family forever and ever
Licks and wags,